To upload a batch of PDF you can go to Media and drag them here Then go to Sussex Jewish News Click Add New Fill in the title field with e.g. “Issue 183” Fill in the Issue number field with the number only e.g. “183” Under SJN PDF click “Add file”, if you have previously… Read more »
- To upload a batch of PDF you can go to Media and drag them here
- Then go to Sussex Jewish News
- Click Add New
- Fill in the title field with e.g. “Issue 183”
- Fill in the Issue number field with the number only e.g. “183”
- Under SJN PDF click “Add file”, if you have previously uploaded the PDF to the Media library you can select it straight from here.
- In the Summary field add a few lines of contents for users to see what appears in this issue
- In the SJN Content field you can add the raw text from the PDF so that the PDF is searchable
- To extract this raw text you can use this method >
1. go to Google Drive, select New and File upload and select the pdf.
2. When it has uploaded double click to open it as a PDF – you then want to open it with Google Docs (there should be a button to do this at the top of the screen).
3. This will then create the extracted text for you to copy and paste into the field in the CMS.
- On the right hand side select the check boxes for the Publication month and the Publication year.
- Add the front cover of the PDF as an image in the “Featured image” box – do not add the PDF here, it will not work as an image.
- There are many programs available where you can extract images from PDF files, or you could try an online tool
- When you have filled in all the required fields, click the blue “publish” button at the top.