When somebody submits a Story to the site an admin (email address tbc) will receive an email notification. They will then be able to publish the story on the site You can also see a list of all the submitted stories under Stories in the back end When a story has first been submitted it… Read more »
- When somebody submits a Story to the site an admin (email address tbc) will receive an email notification.
- They will then be able to publish the story on the site
- You can also see a list of all the submitted stories under Stories in the back end
- When a story has first been submitted it will be marked as Draft
- You can preview the story by rolling over and clicking Preview:
- If you are happy with it you can select the story title (“test” in the example above) and click Publish on the right hand side panel:
Some edits you might like to consider before publishing a story
- If there are images in the story but not a Featured image – (you will know this as the Featured image at the bottom right of the admin page will not have an image in it and it will ask you to Set a featured image) then you might like to add one:
- Click Set featured image and choose from the images in the media library – the recent images that the user has uploaded will be there for you to choose from
- The featured image will be the image that appears in the top left of a story.
- When submitting a story the user is asked to suggest some tags (topics) to use, you can see this in the draft post:
- If you don’t think they are appropriate for this story or another tag is more suited, then you can edit them here.
- It’s likely people may also leave this blank when they submit a story so this is where you can add tags in order to arrange your content how you like on the site.
- If you don’t apply any tags then the post will appear under “Recent stories from contributors” which you will see when you a viewing a story:
- But it will not appear in the browse section under Your Stories (as it doesn’t have a tag to browse by):